This is one of my grade 9 students, Koyo Inoue. I have been meaning to include him in my blog for a while now, but just never knew how to go about it. I guess it's best to start at the beginning.
Koyo was one of the first students I talked to one on one at Kotokuji JHS. I had a free period and decided to venture into the school library. He was there along with another girl, Anna. Anna was super shy, but it was her birthday so we sang Happy Birthday to her! I had brought photos for my self-introduction classes, so I showed them my photos and we talked about simple things such as family members and pets.
After Koyo told me he has a hamster, I asked him if he could bring photos for my next visit. I didn't really expect him to remember since it was a week later, so imagine my surprise when I walked into his classroom for lunch and he immediately showed them to me! There was a funny part where I was asking him about his family photo and I turn around to see all the boys in the classroom have disappeared... I then walk out of the classroom only to see them hiding in the hallway and peeking... uhh, seriously, boys? I'm almost a decade older than all of you ! ( Sigh, shouldn't being back in school make you feel younger instead?!)
Koyo was one of the first students I talked to one on one at Kotokuji JHS. I had a free period and decided to venture into the school library. He was there along with another girl, Anna. Anna was super shy, but it was her birthday so we sang Happy Birthday to her! I had brought photos for my self-introduction classes, so I showed them my photos and we talked about simple things such as family members and pets.
After Koyo told me he has a hamster, I asked him if he could bring photos for my next visit. I didn't really expect him to remember since it was a week later, so imagine my surprise when I walked into his classroom for lunch and he immediately showed them to me! There was a funny part where I was asking him about his family photo and I turn around to see all the boys in the classroom have disappeared... I then walk out of the classroom only to see them hiding in the hallway and peeking... uhh, seriously, boys? I'm almost a decade older than all of you ! ( Sigh, shouldn't being back in school make you feel younger instead?!)
Although I did notice Koyo's eyes would tend to twitch a bit when he talked to me, it wasn't until I taught his class that I found out why. They started out as infrequent sounds, I wasn't even sure where they were coming from. Then I realized they were Koyo's tics. Suddenly I knew why his eyes would twitch and why he was in the library when all the other students were in class. It was all because Koyo Inoue has Tourette's Syndrome.
Every year in October, schools hold Culture Festivals where students get to showcase all their hard work. Displayed work would include art, project reports, home economics assignments, club activities and class presentations (songs, dances, gymnastics or plays for example). I went to Kotokuji's Culture Festival this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really shocking to see normally expressionless students suddenly morph into enthusiastic dancers and amazing acrobats! However, none of that compared to what I felt when I saw Koyo's name on the schedule, he was to do two piano solos.
To be continued...
Every year in October, schools hold Culture Festivals where students get to showcase all their hard work. Displayed work would include art, project reports, home economics assignments, club activities and class presentations (songs, dances, gymnastics or plays for example). I went to Kotokuji's Culture Festival this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really shocking to see normally expressionless students suddenly morph into enthusiastic dancers and amazing acrobats! However, none of that compared to what I felt when I saw Koyo's name on the schedule, he was to do two piano solos.
To be continued...
Stacey熟女魅力不可擋阿!! XD
ReplyDelete哈哈、是真的就好了 XD 不過恐怖的是、學校都超多單身熟女(三十幾到四十都有)、而且她們都說沒辦法擴展社交圈、日本的老師實在是太忙了!
ReplyDelete