After a relaxing day to Ibusuki, we decided to wake up earlier on Sunday and head North to Kirishima National Park.
Inukai-no-taki waterfall... just a short walk from the main road!
I'm wearing my pink coat from Liz Lisa! Got it for 50% off, yay for discounts! The fur can also be detached! First I thought this was way too 'hime-style' for me, but having a pink coat can be quite fun! :)
I'm wearing my pink coat from Liz Lisa! Got it for 50% off, yay for discounts! The fur can also be detached! First I thought this was way too 'hime-style' for me, but having a pink coat can be quite fun! :)
This was at another shrine, rumored to be the first 'honeymoon destinations" in Japan. First I was quite skeptical, until I realized that they probably did not have the notion of a "honeymoon" traditionally! You can see the silhouettes of Sakamoto Ryoma and his wife Oryo on the plaque.
Their love story is a very interesting one. Oryo saved Sakamoto's life when she overheard plans to assassin him during a bath, she ran through the inn naked and warned him. With her help, he escaped and they were soon married after. Because of Sakamoto's injuries from the attack, they headed down to Kagoshima for the healing hot springs. This trip is what they call the "first honeymoon in Japan".
There were lots of boars at this shrine, so we called it "The Boar Shrine." Walking around, there were pictures of white boars, statues of boars... and then we saw him. A real white boar! He even had a tiny little shrine for himself.
Richerd's wish: To get into M.I.T and date a girl from Harvard. Haha! If it comes true, he's supposed to come back to the boar shrine and say thanks to Mr. Boar!
No comments:
Post a Comment