Monday, May 24, 2010

Pretties from HQCD

I have developed a love for handmade jewelry lately and I want to share with you some stuff I got from Lisa of HQCD. (He Qi Crystal Designs) She's actually a biomed engineering student who is just running her business during her free time! I think it's so impressive how a lot of these blogger girls are so dedicated to their hobbies despite their own busy schedules.



Lisa also sent along some jewelry care sheets and two business cards with my order, look how professional they look! She had an NYX promotion going on at the time, so I got a free eyeshadow pigment as well.



I got her famous Mother of Pearl Dove Earrings and Oxidized Silver Filigree Feathers in Aqua. Doesn't the pair on the left remind you of Avatar in a way? I remember when I heard about the movie, I thought, I don't really want to watch a movie about huge blue feline looking aliens. Haha! It was really entertaining though! I want to live on Pandora too! It totally made me want to become a Navi ... even though the storyline was so Pocahontas. = =

The earrings were sent really nicely packaged as you can see, but one thing I didn't like was how they were sent in the same box. You have to pay a bit extra if you want separate boxes for gift giving.



These were a bit bigger than I imagined, but the design is gorgeous.



This pair looks so much better in person and I really love how the colors in the cluster complement each other... one of my favorites for sure!



Here's how they look on my ear!

A tip I got from Holly: I actually have a somewhat heart shaped/round face, so for me to wear dangle earrings right by my cheeks just adds to the width and makes my face look even bigger! Both of these earrings are actually quite "wide" in their design and I didn't like how they framed my face... so Holly told me to wear them on my second piercing instead! It really makes a difference! So if you're like me, don't give up wearing fancy dangle earrings! Just move the jewelry 'further away' from your cheeks! :)

Overall, I would recommend Lisa to anyone looking for some unique handcrafted jewelry! She shipped super fast and was also great at replying e-mails! You can check out her store at He Qi Crystal Designs.

P.s I have very very sensitive ears(I can only wear sterling silver or gold filled jewelry) and these earrings have given me no trouble at all... definitely top-notch quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment