After visiting Itsukushima Shrine, we decided to head up to the ropeway! Here are some beautiful maple leaves... I can only imagine how beautiful Miyajima would be in the fall! It made me really want to go hiking, yes, me, hiking. Not in Hiroshima weather though... hellooo, Banff!!
We met up with Vi's friend and her boyfriend by coincidence! (We knew she was going to be in Hiroshima, but we just happened to be on Miyajima at the same time!) Those two were on a week long whirlwind tour of Japan, they were off to Kyoto two days later, crazy! This vendor was selling some squid paste... he had the brightest smile ever! I feel like smiling just looking at this picture now. :]
Can you guess which shot came first?
Kissing... "Black God Island"....黒神島.
Some photos from the top... we were slowly being roasted...
There were sooo many deer on Miyajima, they were all super "tame" too. I couldn't help but pet one on the head... I know I probably shouldn't have. Look at this family of deer... such posers! XD This man had group of deer following behind him trying to get some food! I have no idea why they targeted him!
I didn't know about this beforehand, but Miyajima is famous for OYSTERS!! There was a street just lined with vendors selling grilled oysters... they were all about 200 yen each. We found this grungy looking little stand that ended up having the most delicious oysters I've ever tasted! No condiments, just grilled and cracked open when you order.. served with a slice of lemon! Pictures cannot show just how delicious these were... I think we went back twice?
No comments:
Post a Comment