It's Irish Day in Kagoshima Part 2! My lovely neighbor Ruth started the event last year and with two Irish ALTs in our office this year, of course it had to be continued! This year the event was at the Board of Education Building, a fact which scared many of our teachers! (I'm sure they see it as a place with lots of imposing people... which is really funny because it's a place ALTs see as being super slack!)
I have no idea where Ruth keeps all this stuff, because the tatami room was FILLED with Irish goodies! Posters, pamphlets, flags, books, costumes... how?! Some students and teachers came by and I had a lot of fun converting people over to my fairy army.
This Japanese man was like "what's this called?" as I was gluing golden leaves onto Anne's face... and we just randomly said "we're Irish fairies!" :P I actually bought the fake flowers/eyelash glue and green eyeshadow at the 100 yen store. It worked out alright, don't you think?

There was an Irish cooking class as well and although I didn't cook at all, the ladies and gents were gracious enough to share all their food with us! The feast ended up feeding over twenty people! The stew was absolutely delicious! There was even a TURKEY! I never ever thought I'd see turkey and gravy in Japan.
An army of green leprechauns!
Happy Irish Day in Kagoshima!
No comments:
Post a Comment