The past week we have just been saying goodbye to leaving ALTs one by one... Amy left before I got back, Nick in his infinite wisdom left us an inflatable kangaroo, Rosie left this morning... I finally realize how the older ALTs were feeling last summer!
Us newbies were all doe-eyed and marveling at every little new thing, while they showed us around and held our hands. :P It is only now that I'm starting to feel what's it's like to see your friends 'replaced'... and to be helping their replacements settle in... =/
There are already two new guys here from Australia and Ireland, eight more ALTs are coming on Wednesday... of course I'm excited to meet them, Dan and Neil seem like great people already... but what can I say... it's just a complicated feeling overall....
It's really strange thinking about this year as my last year on JET as well... I still have so many places to see, so much I haven't done, lots of students to make fun of, really laughable Japanese skills..... there's a tiny voice inside my head that's panicking already.
Us newbies were all doe-eyed and marveling at every little new thing, while they showed us around and held our hands. :P It is only now that I'm starting to feel what's it's like to see your friends 'replaced'... and to be helping their replacements settle in... =/
There are already two new guys here from Australia and Ireland, eight more ALTs are coming on Wednesday... of course I'm excited to meet them, Dan and Neil seem like great people already... but what can I say... it's just a complicated feeling overall....
It's really strange thinking about this year as my last year on JET as well... I still have so many places to see, so much I haven't done, lots of students to make fun of, really laughable Japanese skills..... there's a tiny voice inside my head that's panicking already.
それでもいい...
No comments:
Post a Comment