Sunday, August 16, 2009

Round1... fight!


A group of gaijin walking to Round1

All my photos are so back logged... and I am way behind on my blogs! There is an organization here called KAJET which stands for Kagoshima AJET. KAJET is basically a group that plans fun events and provides support for all the JETs in the Kagoshima prefecture! On the first weekend after all the JETs got here, they had their first event which was cleverly titled "New JET day out".


Level 1: claw machines!
Level 4: Badminton, squash, rollerblading.. you name it!

We headed out to a place called Round1... which is basically a building filled with fun and entertainment! They had everything from karaoke, claw machines, air hockey, an arcade, to badminton and even archery! It was about ... 15 CDN I think, for 3 hours of fun! All the arcade games were set on free play and any equipment (squash/badminton racquets, archery bows...) were free as well. Here is a small display of all the games that were available!


Left: Pop n music! Right: The super tiring "bunny hop" race...


Left: Trying to figure out the "boo bash" ... Right: Dan making some kills.. haha


Left: My cool deejay look... Right: You know he dead


And to thank you for visiting... a Hello Kitty keychain!

Afterwards, a bunch of us headed to an Indian restaurant for dinner. Surprisingly, I have had quite a few Indian meals since arriving in Kagoshima. I always find it amusing how the Indian restaurants we've been to all have Indian people working in their kitchen and they "showcase" them by either having them cook in a glass booth or having windows to their kitchen.

You will also see "Ladies special" at certain restaurants, which is sometimes a cheaper option and comes as a set meal. The guys have all been complaining about the small portions at restaurants, but I have found the majority of them to be too much! I don't know whether my appetite is small because of the heat or what, but even having a Mos burger meal (tiny packet of fries and super small burgers!) can fill me up ! It is common knowledge that foreign guys lose weight and the girls get fat... I dread the day I actually purchase a scale and face reality. Until then... bon apetite!


Left: Curry chicken and tandoori chicken Right: Kelly and I !

3 comments:

  1. i believe the correct term for "claw machines" is GP MACHINE. Shame shame on you for forgetting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it looks like tonnes of fun - i want to go tooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodie:

    I DO remember.. but no one would get it! I can so see the guys going crazy here... haven't seen any big strawberries though! I think the Japanese are more into the bananas... lol!! I shall blog about that sometime.

    Keegan:

    It was! Come on down to Kagoshima and we can have a bunny hop battle! :P

    ReplyDelete