We went to a very nice izakaya (Japanese bar.. where they serve alcohol and food) which set me back 3000 yen, but the food was delicious! The infamous raw chicken dish appeared (I tried it once at the Board of Education enkai) and despite my better instincts, I tried some again. Nope, still hasn't grown on me. I must say, Japan must be the only place where I can eat some raw chicken... then use the same chopsticks for all the other food as well... somehow being in Japan makes it all seem acceptable.
Lots of happy faces here! On the left is Junya sensei.. or as he likes to be called, Junjun!
Everyone was super relaxed and the atmosphere was completely different from the office! Of course we had nomi hodai (all you can drink) and after just one glass of plum wine, my face was the perfect example of Asian Glow. The teachers kept saying this one male teacher was 'dangerous' and he even told us "I like to talk dirty. I am a perverted man." Uhh okay, I'll take your word on that one.
Just as the photog gets ready to snap the picture, I hear "Double kiss!" and this is what I got...and in the picture on the right, the 'perverted man' enjoys some attention from Dave's friend visiting from the States, the lovely Tara!

Taniguchi sensei and Seki sensei ! Why don't older Asian people ever smile in photos! ( Reminds me of my uncles... soo serious)
Taniguchi sensei and Seki sensei ! Why don't older Asian people ever smile in photos! ( Reminds me of my uncles... soo serious)
Looks like you're having an awesome time down there!! :)
ReplyDeleteMmm... raw chicken...