Thursday, September 24, 2009

Surprise bento!

I walked into the teachers' room today and saw a bento box on my desk! First I thought it might have been a mistake as they regularly pile things onto my desk ( I don't blame them since I'm rarely there anyways! ), then I saw my name at the top of the sheet! Apparently the students in home economics class choose teachers to sample their cooking and a group of 4 students picked me. Awww, aren't they sweet!



The main dish was a tofu-burger and a Japanese styled omelette, with sweet corn and vegetables on the side. One of the English teachers commented that he had the same type of bento last week and that the tofu was really salty, but my bento was absolutely delicious!! I think that was the best tofu-burger I've had and the bento was definitely a welcome change from the school lunch. Writing about it now makes my mouth water... >_<

The home economics teacher asked me to comment in Japanese, so I had to rely on a dictionary... I just hope I didn't say something like "students favorite to eat good" =P Another teacher walked by while I was struggling and was so impressed that she kept saying "jozu!" (skilled)... I really had to emphasize that it was the dictionary that did all the work!

And of course I gave them great comments, ending with a very hearty " gochisosama deshita! :) "

3 comments:

  1. If is was in NorthAmerica, Don't ever take anything that's surprised.... LOL
    You know what I mean..

    這麼Lucky,可以吃到家菜...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! That's so true!

    對啊、溫馨的咧~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom said " I saw your pictures and it looks like your students really like you and it looks like you guys have a lot of fun. I think you are a good teacher. It looks like you had a lot of fun on the ship, was it a one day or a two day trip? Is Japan still really hot? We have freezing winds already! Do you wear high heels to work? Do they still hurt your feet? I still don't know how to call you! Please call us when you have time."

    We miss you!

    Mom is singing at home because she learned some new songs from the choir. So nice :D

    ReplyDelete