Two days ago a group of us city ALTs decided to head to Ibusuki, a town south of Kagoshima city in search of the infamous sand baths! Unfortunately, when we got there on Sunday, we realized Ibusuki is like a ghost town! All the streets were empty and none of the shops were open, it felt like a scene from a zombie movie. We kept thinking it was similar to I am Legend and that if we peeked into the houses, we'd find sleeping zombies!
At least the vending machines are still working!
Here are Vi and Amy ...
*GASP!* There are PEOPLE here!
The sand baths consisted of people wearing yukatas (bath robes) and lying down in the sand while people shovel hot steaming sand on top of them! We were all too hot and grumpy to want to endure the heat so we decided to head back to the train station..
"Ibusuki isn't what I thought it would be... "
After trudging along and making a stop at the supermarket, we managed to miss our train and had to wait an hour for the bus... so we decided to eat our lunch beside the foot bath. The foot bath was right by the station and also included 3 lovely naked statues. I was wearing flip flops so I immediately went in for a dip.. the water was nice and the smooth tiles at the bottom reminded me of a pool. I miss Calgary City Recreation :(
No comments:
Post a Comment